Thursday, January 8, 2009

Staying on track for a healthier you!

Here is some information that was new to me, and I apologize, I don’t know where it came from, but I wrote it down.
Metabolism climbs during digestion and is two times as high when eating a high protein meal.
If you lift weights two times a week, you will burn an extra 100 calories a day.
Sipping water keeps your energy up!
Now, I don’t know about you, but I have not kept all of my promises to myself this week. The “old” me would have beat myself up over it. The “new” me has compassion for myself and realizes that what matters is that I’m going in the right direction.
The question is, are you doing better this week?
One positive habit I added into my diet last year is drinking a daily green drink with added fiber. I purchase Nanogreens at my chiropractors office and then add Benefiber. This will help keep your body’s pH in check. Many doctors believe an imbalance of pH accelerates aging on the inside and outside.
Dr. Jeannette Graf says in her book, Stop Aging, Start Living, that unbalanced pH is thought to be the culprit of many degenerative and autoimmune diseases.
She adds for those of us concerned with weight loss and wrinkles, eat a diet rich in dark leafy greens, vegetables, olive oil and nuts, and eat less red meat and sugar. Dr. Graf recommends Greens First or Greens+ as a green drink if you can’t find the Nanogreens.
It’s the small changes we make daily that add up to a healthier lifestyle.

No comments: